Healthy Hair Hacks


Healthy hair hacks

3 Great Healthy Hair Hacks

Healthy Hair Hack One:


I decided to write about the healthy hair hacks I practice, and know of, as hair is your crowning glory and women are often admired for their hair.

When I was younger, I was lucky to have thick, healthy hair that did not need a lot of tricks to look good. It was healthy and I did not have to worry about split ends, dullness or dandruff.

As I got older, I noticed some grey hairs appearing and started dyeing my hair and this did not impact on my hair for a long time.

However, age dries out our skin and hair and I noticed that my hair started to dry out and be more unmanageable. I also read about the harmful effects of dyes entering our bodies so, as I am more intent on being as healthy as I possibly can, I decided to stop dyeing my hair. 

But I was not ready to go 'grey' yet so I trialed something and it worked. I have nay-sayers but it works so give it a go and see if it works for you.

This is what I did and it is simple and also much cheaper than dyeing your hair.

I bought a hair rinse from the supermarket for a few dollars, the shade of my original hair.
Now, these rinses tell you to leave them in for relatively short times but I leave it in for one hour. 

That is as simple and as effective as you get: leave it in for at least one hour to cover greys and get the colour you want.

Now, others keep telling me that rinses do not cover grey hair but I have much more grey than the young nay-sayers who are only sprouting a few here and there!

The benefits of this healthy hair hack:


1. It lasts for 3-4 months while it covers my grey. True!

2. It gently fades so no ugly stripe on top of your head.

3. Hair is shiny and healthy as rinses do not have the harmful chemicals that dyes have. 

4. It is much cheaper to buy a rinse for $5, which lasts for over 3 months.

5. If you have dyed your hair, you can use a rinse over the top when it is starting to fade and this will lengthen its life, as well as covering the tell-tale stripe. 

Healthy Hair Hack Two:


If your hair is very dry or unmanageable, you can use olive oil.  

Dampen your clean hair and apply warm olive oil throughout your hair. Massage it well into your hair.  

Wrap glad wrap around your head and leave it in for an hour. Then wash out with shampoo.

Healthy Hair Hack Three:


Use essential oils in your shampoo.  This will make your hair smell heavenly, and you can choose your favourite oils for their scent or you can focus on their beneficial uses.

You only need to add a few drops into your shampoo as essential oils are highly concentrated.

You can use peppermint oil in your shampoo as menthol helps control dandruff. The added benefit to using peppermint is that it is a brain stimulant and helps with alertness.

The citrus blends will help with oil control.

If you are interested in having a look at the oils I use, you can visit the doTerra website. I am not an advocate, only a user, and I would not recommend any other company. 

The oils are the purest, and are also suitable for cooking and last for a very long time as you only use tiny amounts.


If you are interested in finding out about the power of  essential oils and my introduction to them when I was not well, you can read it here

Best Ways to use Essentail Oils

The site owner is benefiting financially or otherwise through links or images you click on this site.






Please like and share this post now. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Hello Sunshine Aromatherapy Spray?

Why you should  include Hello  Sunshine Aromatherapy Spray in your self-care ritual  Hello Sunshine aromatherapy spray is a revitalizin...

Popular Posts